Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Kozhikode - a new experience

My father had been trying for a transfer to kerala ever since he joined LIC of India.Finally a new Division was opening at Calicut and my father got a transfer.This was the last journey from Raipur to Kerala.From Nagpur for the first time we could get a direct train to Ernakulum.This was then called Delhi Jayanthi Janatha Express.For the first time I saw a Pantry Car in the moving train.It really made me happy.No more outside food which can be unhygienic.also pillows were provided in the sleeper class as there is no more 3rd class.Only Sleeper class,First Class and A.C.Class were available.Pantry Car had sitting arrangements as well.Finally after 2 days of pleasant trip we reached Ernakulum.Now we have to get into Ordinary Train but takes only 2 hrs to reach my home.

No comments: